Tuesday 15 May 2012

Damson and Raspberry Doughnuts

Feel free to slap my wrist, I know I have been quiet on here but I have been busy in the kitchen, so I will endeavor to keep you up to date this week. A couple of weeks ago I was invited to my friend Arly's house. He invited a great group of people over for food and drink from what lasted from 4pm to midnight. His friend Shamila cooked up a storm of 7 small courses and then we ate Cheese bought back from Paris and gorged ourselves on stuffed dates (mascarpone, pistachios and pomegranate seeds), cakes and doughnuts. The doughnuts, I had bought and Arly said I was showing off, but to be honest, they're not hard to make. I used Dan Lepard's recipe (his new book Short and Sweet is a bakers must-have) and filled with Raspberry and Damson Jam from the lovely Sarah @Artisan_kitchen
Didn't have much time to show you the stages, but here is the dough rising and then the finished result. Sticky camera, sticky camera indeed. Tsk.


No comments: